Sunday, June 27, 2004

Finite

There comes a time, as is the course of all things(be it bellbottoms, wrist rockets, or milk), to expire.

As of this week, I will no longer have my very own web page. Not that I was doing much with it anyway. I had a few links to IMDB and Google, some columns, and a nice-looking logo. The logo is still mine, by the way. So, anyway, in a few days time, www.hawkbatdesign.com will be no more. Yahoo sent a notification on the 24th saying I had a week to pay off the monthly fee, so I waived it. Didn't Geocities give out web sites free back in the day? Now that they're owned by the big 'Y', they got all corporate.

Don't mind me, gripe coming through.

And, weirdly enough, though I spent more time and effort on creating my website, with the pasting and the positioning and the pretty colors, I feel more connected to this one, the Calf, which took me a grand total of three minutes to make, 'cause it was a pre-made template site. Plus I get to make these little comments here, real easily, and they show up like nothing! I don't have to link them anywhere! As my friend Anthony's fruit roll-up equivalent said, "Poof! Magic!" Little web gnomes are hard at work to deliver the bits and bytes for your monitor elves to interpret and draw backwards upon your screen(yes, Virginia, this is why your computer lags).

So, as is the custom in my culture, to mourn loss of fundamentally worthless things, I bid a farewell to hawkbatdesign.com, to its peach background and pinkish crisscross bars, the outlined logo, and all of the little files I had to create(that are floating somewhere in the abyss as we speak) to get it where it is now.

Godspeed(someone, somewhere, is playing Amazing Grace on bagpipes. The only way bagpipes can be played).

Herph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home